Fire Safety :: Online Client Referral Form
This form is for use by staff at organisations who wish to refer potentially ‘at risk’ clients to the Fire Services in Wales for a Home Fire Safety Check. If you are an individual and wish to request a Home Fire Safety Check please click here.
If you are making a referral using this form please read the information below. You might also find this information about how we collect data and what we do with it useful - click here
- Our office hours are 9am-5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am-3pm Fridays. Any referrals made outside these hours will not be picked up until the following working day.
- If you would prefer to fax your referral form please send it to 01633 654001 and include your name, organisation, contact number and who should be the point of contact for the Fire Service to arrange the check. The same guidelines on office hours apply.
- By sending this form you confirm you have gained the consent of your client to pass their details to Firebrake Wales and the Fire Services. You will not be able to send this form without confirming this using the tick box at the end of the form.
- The details that you send will be held securely and only will only be accessed by designated Firebrake staff.
- Our online referral form is not intended to replace any current referral processes or agreements that you may already have with the Fire Services – it is simply an additional option for you to use.
- This form is to request a Home Fire Safety Check from the Fire and Rescue Service. Please note, the check can take up to 28 days to be delivered
What is a Home Fire Safety Check?
How do I know if I should refer my client?
The Home Fire Safety Check (HFSC) is a completely free service offered by the three Welsh Fire & Rescue Services.
A representative from your local Fire Service will visit your client at their home for around 30 minutes, will provide and fit smoke alarms if they do not already have them and offer free fire safety advice and equipment.
Staff will carry identification at all times and will never try to sell your client anything. Any products they provide are completely free of charge. Products offered will vary by location.
If you are not sure who to refer for a Home Fire Safety Check there are some things you can look out for which might indicate your client is vulnerable and/or at higher risk of suffering a fire in their home:
- The person is immobile without assistance or would be unable to leave the property quickly in an emergency
- The person is confused
- The person has sensory impairment e.g. sight problems, hard of hearing/deaf
- The person has cognitive impairment e.g. learning difficulties
- Possible electrical faults have been noted
- Possible unsafe practices with fire, cooking, heating have been noted
- They have had a previous fire
- The person is waiting to return home from hospital or another setting and there are concerns about fire risk
- The person smokes
- The person is an oxygen user
- Young children present within the household
- It is likely that these households may also be disadvantaged, relative to the surrounding population
In order for your referral to be sent to the correct Fire Service please select the region in which your client lives
If you are unsure, please use the following links: North Wales Service area, South Wales Service area, Mid & West Wales service area